Homeless Rooms Birmingham are looking to recruit an Operations Manager to help achieve their aims and objectives. The role would suit a dynamic and intuitive person who has good knowledge of the social housing sector and the enthusiasm to help build a successful social enterprise develop and grow. The ideal candidate would be well organised, entrepreneurial and have a passion for creating change.
The role will include:
- Assisting the supported accommodation sector to show transparency within the sector.
- Liaising with Registered Social Landlords PRS landlords to ensure all properties that are advertised appropriately on the website.
- Managing and coordinating enquiries from homeless charities, social enterprises, council staff and individuals looking for supported accommodation.
- Managing and growing the profile of all associated social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc.
- Designing and delivering a launch event to showcase the work of Homeless Rooms and the supported accommodation sector.
- Organising & hosting a ‘Lotto Expert User’ event – teaching volunteers how to register homeless people and sofa surfers to the website
- Regularly updating the website with relevant and new copy
- Attending networking and Hosting steering group meetings
- Mapping all associated accommodation visually across Birmingham and Wider West Midlands.
- Helping to build the brand and raise the profile of HRB locally and regionally through marketing and communication
- Recruit up to 25 social landlords to register with HRB within the probation period.
- Lead on researching and writing funding applications
Initial three month, self-employed position with the hope of creating a permanent position
Please send CV, a one page cover letter, salary expectation and hours available to: info@HomelessRoomsBirmingham.co.uk by Friday 28th September 2018.
Interview to take place week Commencing 1st October 2018.